docBrowser is a web-based clinical document viewing application. It comes in two different flavors - Clinician Portal and Patient Portal - each targeting a different
group of users. It allows its users to discover, view and import health records existing in the Health Information Exchange. The portals run in the Cloud
- public or private - and can be securely accessed from a desktop web browser or a mobile device.
- Provides a patient-centric view of health record encompassing documents existing in various institutions participating in the Health Information Exchange.
- Supports a wide range of clinical document formats including text, PDF, and many different types of HL7 v3 CDA formats, e.g., lab reports, discharge summaries,
immunization content documents, emergency department notes, nursing notes, radiology and cardiology reports, labor and delivery reports, etc.
- Incorporates an imaging viewer for display of diagnostic imaging studies and reports.
- Supports imports of imaging studies into local PACS or diagnostic workstation. When importing foreign imaging exams, it allows for adjustment of relevant identifiers (e.g., patient Id,
accession number) to the values that are appropriate for the local environment.
- Allows for comprehensive look and feel customizations for each type of clinical content. This is done via stylesheets that can be adjusted to the needs, laws, and preferences of a given enterprise/jurisdiction.
- Enforces a configurable security policy that considers patient consent, confidentiality codes, user roles, etc. when making decisions about exposing clinical documents to users.
- Generates IHE ATNA-compliant audit events whenever any access to personal health information takes place. These audit trails are sent to an Audit Repository (like auditTrail) where they can be reviewed by the Security Officer.
- Supports cross-domain user identity federation via the use of SAML. This facilitates regional deployments where different organizations manage their user identities independently (e.g., in many
separate Active Directory systems).
- Offers simple URL-based integration with clinical information systems.
- Supports access via tablet devices.
- Increases productivity of healthcare providers by giving them ready access to the patient's complete medical history, including: diagnostic imaging, prescriptions,
medical summaries, clinical reports, etc. generated by multiple care providers.
- Reduces unnecessary tests and improves patient outcomes by incorporating diagnostic results into the patient health record.
- Zero-footprint web viewer.
- Supported on variety of browsers.
- Supports VMware and Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Designed for deployments in server farms.