auditTrail is an IHE ATNA-compliant central audit repository which accepts and stores audit records
originating from various IT systems in the enterprise/region.
Centralizes the storage and administration of audit records for a group of enterprises.
Provides a variety of perspectives on the collected audit records:
- patient perspective: who accessed information for a given patient, when and from where;
- user perspective: which patients have been accessed by a given user, when and from where);
- system perspective: which users have been logged onto a given system and which patients have they accessed and when);
- document perspective: who accessed the document (e.g., blood test results) or imaging study (identified by Study Instance UID or Accession#).
Improves HIPAA compliance.
Based on well-thought-out, peer-reviewed standards for healthcare audit trails (as opposed to home-grown, ad-hoc approaches to auditing).
Supports integration with third-party audit repositories by optionally forwarding audit events to them.
Highly secure communication, including encryption and digital certificate-based node authentication.
Accompanied by a comprehensive web-based administrative tool.
- Supports TLS, UDP, and TCP transports.
- Supports VMware and Hyper-V virtualization environments.
- Designed for deployments in server farms.